ICMDA is interdenominational and we welcome interaction with individuals or groups who are able to affirm our Statement of Faith.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in the Revelation of the one true God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit)
and the gospel of redemption and regeneration
through the life, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ,
as recorded for us in Holy Scripture (the Bible),
which is the divinely inspired Word of God for faith and life.
(Matthew 28:19-20; John 14:6; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
DOCTRINAL TRADITION OF ICMDA
- We believe the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that salvation is based on the sacrifice of Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.