To apply for the latest Servant Leadership Training Track,
please fill in the application form below.
ICMDA is investing in the lives of key young student or young graduate leaders, from national organisations through a 12-week training programme ‘Servant Leadership’.
The aim is to help young Christian medical and dental leaders learn biblical principles of leadership in order that they might ‘serve to influence’ in their home countries and beyond.
The programme will cover core principles of leadership. It covers such topics as:
- Understanding leadership (influence, serving, Kingdom big picture)
- Frameworks of leading
- Called to lead | persevering in the call | growing in discipleship
- Understanding inner security
- Personal vision statements
- Disciplines to inculcate | God and the workplace | emotional quotient
- Character and boundaries of a leader | medical ethics
- A meta or grand narrative as a vision
- Relationships of a leader | building trustworthiness
- Building a secure leadership and servant community | accepting people & celebrating diversity in the Kingdom
- Living and promoting a learning culture
- Getting things done, prioritising | concluding lessons learnt
Candidates preferably should be less than 30 years old, either senior students or young graduates who have the potential to take leadership roles in your national organisation or group.
Candidates will need to set aside two-and-a-half hours a week, for 12 weeks. One hour for pre-session work and one-and-a-half hours for the weekly sessions. Participants will need to read some background papers and reflect and share from their life on the Slack platform.
See a list of topics and themes below.
All the themes will be covered through a flipped classroom approach, experience-based reflective learning, using biblical models and Jesus’ life as a model. Senior leaders from ICMDA will share from their lives.
Global cohort (Tuesdays)
The twelve weekly sessions will be through interactive zoom meetings, at 13.00 UTC, every Tuesday.
This program will start by 14 September and will end by 30 November 2021.
Dates and times
14, 21, 28 September 2021
5, 12, 19, 26 October 2021
2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November 2021
0900 Mexico City
1000 São Paulo
1830 New Delhi